crashmybookparty

Crash My Book Party

SPOILER ALERT!

Beautiful ending to a wonderful trilogy

Front and Center (The Dairy Queen Trilogy) - Catherine Gilbert Murdock

There seems to be curse among YA authors who do trilogies. After a fantastic 2 and a half books, with characters you know and love, that critical ending that has to be perfect to satisfy you and give you enough closure - and it sucks. It's disappointing and it almost ruins the whole thing for you (see the Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver or The Wolves Of Mercy Falls trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater and you'll know what I'm talking about). So, as you can expect, I was a little worried about opening up Front and Center and see how it all ends for DJ.

I did not have that problem with Front and Center. I loved the story, and I loved the ending - how it was not about Brian or Beaner or boys, it was about DJ and Win and her realisation that she saved his life and he helped hers and oh God I just cried. It was a beautiful ending, and a beautiful story, and as a reader I felt closure for the trilogy but I would also welcome another book (Murdock hinted at a book about DJ's freshman year of college but not for a while yet).

I'm going to miss DJ!